Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Well I had a lovely day.:3

Except I had a rather rude awaking. Happily sleeping, cosy and warm inbetween my satin sheets, when the door knocked, and it wasn't a nice *rap rap* it was like *THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD* I seriously thought it was the police or something, shot up out of bed like "WHAT HAVE WE DONE??O_O" went shooting down the stairs and no no, just a really cunty post man apparently.>_O Nearly gave me a heart attack. Buuuuut it was my new shoes.:D So that made me happy <3 Don't know why it took me so long to order them, I've been eyeing them up for years.:3 Its these ones:


So went back up and went on tumblr in bed for a while and eventually got up.^-^

I've had a MOSTLY healthy day. Didn't start off too well, had left over pizza for breakfast.:P But now all the unhealthy stuff is gone, so its alright.:)

Lunch was salad with bacon and the white of a boiled egg, because I can't stand the yolk.

Watched some family guy and whatnot then we finally headed out for SWIMMING!OwO I swear, I love swimming. I'm not particularly good at it, I mostly doggy paddle or swim on my back, but I really love it.^__^

We decided to take a shortcut and got COMPLETELY lost, hadn't a clue where we were and it was pouring down. We had my see through umbrella (these ones:)

But it kinda broke and the wind was awful so it ended up as more of a shield, so Jake and I ended up pretending it was our car and went walking down all these little back roads "brooming" and what not, bit dorky but it was really silly and fun.^__^ Eventually ended up in the arsehole of nowhere and found someone to ask for directions, turned out we somehow ended up on the road that the swimming pool was on.:D Of course by this point we were so wet we looked like we'd just gotten out.

Had a great time swimming, we were in for almost 2 hours, did a bunch of lengths, messed around, jumped off the diving boards etc, generally just had a really good time. Swimming doesn't even feel like exercise to me, its just an excuse to go and splash about, but I know I got a really good work out from it because now ALL my muscles really ache, but again, its a good sign.^__^

So we headed back and nipped into tesco for a few bits and pieces and headed back to make some really tasty soup.:D I think its the best soup I've made yet, so I'll post the recipe at the end of this entry, AND I think its pretty healthy too so anyone who has found this blog while looking for weightloss tips, this is a really lovely rich soup with basically no fat that I know of!

So yeah, got in and dried off and got all warm and toasty and Jake helped me chop and peel the vegetables, put it all on, then sat down with the soup, crusty seeded bread rolls and chicken salad to watch madagaskar 2 ^_^

All in all a lovely day, and I can't wait to go swimming again.:) We're planning on going AT LEAST once a week, but preferably twice a week, wednesdays and saturdays will be our swimming days.:3 Then down to the gym every other day except sunday.^-^

Going to have an awesome body in no time!:P

So now I'm sitting cuddled up all warm with my duvet listening to the wind and rain, and I feel great.^-^

Now, onto the soup recipe! Its a bit rough, I never really measure things when I'm cooking but I estimated for the sake of this recipe.

Parsnip and Butternut Squash Soup
4 Parsnips
1/2 Butternut Squash
1 large onion
Garlic
Butter or Margarine
Chicken and/or vegetable stock
Cream (optional)
(Roughly 4 servings)

First, peel and chop your butternut squash. I used the bottom portion, so this bit:


Then just save the rest for another meal.:) Chop it into fairly small cubes, and then slice up your parsnips. They don't have to be wafer thin but don't make them TOO chunky.

Put your parsnip and squash in a large pot, and add your stock, which one you use is entirely up to you. Obviously for a vegan soup, only use vegetable. It took around about 2 pint glasses full, so I used one glass of chicken stock and one glass of vegetable stock.:)

Put it up to a high heat, put the lid on and let it bubble away, but keep an eye on it so it doesn't reduce too much! If it looks like it needs more liquid just top it up with a little water.^_^

While its bubbling, peel and chop your onion and garlic, but keep them seperate for now! How much garlic you use is up to you, I LOVE garlic a bit too much, I think I used about 4 or 5 cloves and to be honest, I think it could have done with much more, but its entirely down to personal taste.

Take a little of your butter, margarine or equivalent (low fat heart healthy options are the best) and put a knob of it in a frying pan and add your onions, fry until soft and just starting to brown slightly, then add your garlic for no more than a minute or so. Add this mix to your pot of vegetables, and let it continue boiling until the parsnip is nice and soft, it should practically melt in your mouth!

Now, you're pretty much done! Put everything in a large blender, mine had JUST enough room to fit it all in nicely.:) Blend until completely smooth.

At this point your soup will already have a very creamy texture, and you didn't even have to add any cream, good news for those watching their waist line!;) If you wanted this soup to be EXTRA rich you can add some cream and blend it in, but it honestly doesn't need it. I don't add any salt either, the salt from the stock is enough.

So over all, a pretty healthy soup, and DAMN is it tasty! Sorry theres no picture, I was so anxious to eat it I burnt my mouth.xP

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. VEGIE SOUP! :)

    This sounds really tasty, I will have to save it for a winters day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely! It also makes a wonderful sauce for pasta bakes ^___^<3

    ReplyDelete